Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Man with the Magic Pants, by T-Rex

"Star light, star bright - first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. I wish I could pull a dollar out of every pair of pants I own every day."

There was a bright flash of light as the first star of the night sky burst into a massive supernova of wish fulfillment. The man looked on with wonder and slowly reached into his right pocket, where he found a dollar bill.

He rushed home as quickly as he could and checked the right pocket of every pair of pants he owned, where he found more dollars bills. Drunk with success, he drove to the nearest retailer of fine apparel and bought as many pairs of pants as he could carry. The next morning, he opened his closet and pulled forth a dollar from the right pocket of each pair of pants. Again, he rushed to the store and bought more pants. Needless to say, closet space was at a premium. His magical pants meant that he'd never have to work again, but he didn't have any room for shirts.

The dilemma of closet space irked him for quite some time. He was forced to live shirtless, and many establishments for the sale of fine goods and automobile fuel refused him service on the grounds of his inappropriate attire. This was a problem until he realized he could use his money to buy a house his a bigger closet, expand his current home, or just buy an outdoor closet.

After expanding his closet capacity, he was once again able to wear things that weren't pants, and lived relatively happily ever after. The happiness came not from the wealth of his magic pants, but from his good decisions in life. Remember: money can't buy happiness!


The previous story was inspired by this comic.

No comments: